How to record a change of tenant on a myRent tenancy

25 November 2021

Photo by FOTEROS from Pexels

Before the tenant leaves there needs to be a written agreement from you (the landlord) and the remaining tenants to:- remove their name from the tenancy agreement, or replace their name with another tenant from an agreed date.

This can be agreed in the written form of email or a document. If everyone agrees, then record the change in writing, have yourself and all the remaining tenants sign it & make sure everyone has a copy (landlord, the tenant who’s leaving, and the tenants who’re staying)

If the leaving tenant has contributed to the bond, complete and send a change of tenant form to Tenancy Services.

You can then upload copies of the paperwork to your tenancy on myRent for safe keeping.

Once your ready for your departing tenant to be removed from the tenancy you can do this on the people page of the tenancy by following the steps here

The new tenant can be onboarded to your tenancy through the people section of the tenancy.

Back to resources

Our services

Free to get started
Easy setup
Cancel anytime

Advertise your rental
from $40

Includes a listing on Trade Me,, OneRoof,, and

Learn more

Tenant checks
for $35

Rent with confidence and make informed decisions with comprehensive tenant tenant checks.

Learn more

Self-management software from $10/month

Save time, money & your sanity with our clever self-management system. Start with a free trial.

Learn more

Not quite ready to sign up?

Subscribe to our free newsletter. We’ll keep you up to date on all things myRent, important tenancy law changes, and new tips on maximising your returns.