As a member of the myRent community, you are expected to abide by the following:
- Treat all other members with respect and to be civil with all communications.
- Only use myRent to offer or find or manage rental accommodation.
- Approaching other members for any other reason is not tolerated.
- Treat all members equally regardless of race, sex, gender, identity, religion, age and sexual orientation.
- Only list accommodation that is fit for occupation and that you would be happy to live in yourself.
- The information you provide about yourself, co-tenants and property should be truthful and not misrepresented or misleading.
- Abide by all regulations and laws of New Zealand.
Unacceptable behaviours include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Offensive language
- Using explicit or suggestive language
- Physical and/or verbal violence
- Fraudulent activities
Failure to comply with these standards along with any of our other terms can result in permanent removal from the community and being reported to relevant authorities.
These community standards are for the use of the myRent site only. We are unable to police or resolve disputes of the RTA breaches. For tenancy-related information, please contact Tenancy Services.
Content on myRent is created by members, myRent does not visit properties or vet members in person. To help us ensure inappropriate content and behaviour is removed, please report it to our customer service.
Communicating outside the website makes it very hard for myRent to uphold these standards, but issues can still be reported to email@example.com. Make sure you include screenshots that clearly show the content that breaches these standards and the user's email, name, or mobile number.