Can I use myRent if I live overseas?

26 October 2021

Photo by Anugrah Lohiya from Pexels

Some myRent users do advertise and manage their properties from abroad but as myRent is not a managing agent we cannot complete some tasks or responsibilities on your behalf

You will need to ensure you or someone else can complete the following:

  • Conduct inspections & open homes
  • Arrange keys and access to the property for new Tenants
  • Communicate with your Tenant (especially in emergencies)
  • Arrange maintenance
  • Attend the Tenancy Tribunal (if required)

If you're based overseas or planning to be out of the country for more than 21 days, you will need to nominate another person to manage the property on your behalf. For more information, please read our article

Back to resources

Our services

Free to get started
Easy setup
Cancel anytime

Advertise your rental
from $40

Includes a listing on Trade Me,, OneRoof,, and

Learn more

Tenant checks
for $35

Rent with confidence and make informed decisions with comprehensive tenant tenant checks.

Learn more

Self-management software from $10/month

Save time, money & your sanity with our clever self-management system. Start with a free trial.

Learn more

Not quite ready to sign up?

Subscribe to our free newsletter. We’ll keep you up to date on all things myRent, important tenancy law changes, and new tips on maximising your returns.