Get to know myRent with a quick overview video:

Is there recourse if a landlord loses tenants due to Property Manager's poor management?

21 October 2022

A: Unfortunately, the Residential Tenancies Act doesn't cover the relationship between a landlord and a property manager.

We would recommend seeking independent legal advice regarding recourse against the property manager. Your local Community Law Centre or Citizens Advice Bureau may be able to provide you with some free legal advice or direct you to the best source of information for your situation.

Back to resources

Our services


Advertise your rental
from $50

Includes a listing on Trade Me,, OneRoof,, and

Learn more

Tenant checks
for $35

Rent with confidence and make informed decisions with comprehensive tenant checks.

Learn more

Self-management platform from $17/month

Save time and money. Rest easy with our self-management platform. Start with a free trial.

Learn more

Get to know how myRent works

Not quite ready to sign up?

Subscribe to our weekly newsletter read by 30,000+ landlords. Get updates on important tenancy law changes, tips on maximising rental returns, and more great resources.