Get to know myRent with a quick overview video:

I don't have a government issued Photo ID, how can I progress my application?

To complete an application on our site, you do need a valid government issued photo ID (NZ driver’s license, passport or Kiwi Access/18+ card).

If you don't have this we recommend contacting the property landlord directly through your enquiry to see if they can suggest/consider any other options.

Back to resources
What the community has to say
  • CS

    Can Briony please contact me as i dnt have foto I D.I only have bith certificate an csc

  • AF

    You got his number your call him

  • FB

    Hi I only have a total mobility card for I.D

  • DW

    Hi I have a birth certificate as my wallet was stolen currently waiting for my id card which has been sent to me (it’s the 18 plus card. Thank you

  • Our services


    Advertise your rental
    from $50

    Includes a listing on Trade Me,, OneRoof,, and

    Learn more

    Tenant checks
    for $35

    Rent with confidence and make informed decisions with comprehensive tenant checks.

    Learn more

    Self-management platform from $17/month

    Save time and money. Rest easy with our self-management platform. Start with a free trial.

    Learn more

    Get to know how myRent works

    Not quite ready to sign up?

    Subscribe to our weekly newsletter read by 30,000+ landlords. Get updates on important tenancy law changes, tips on maximising rental returns, and more great resources.